Back In Milwaukee – Back To Getting Organized

So in [my last video/blog post] I was dancing in my undies and talking about making money on the internets. That was about two weeks ago. Since then I uploaded [a video] I was using for [an online resume] that… Was pretty rough (and long) but not too bad (I haven’t heard anything back yet but… if they saw me dancing in my undies, that’s understandable. 😉 )

I was also still in Iowa for my last blog post, now I’m back in Milwaukee. Time to get organized and figure what I want to do. The first thing I worked on was a list of…

101 Things I Want (To Have/Be/Do)

I heard/read about doing this exercise a number of times but I never tried it. It was actually kind of hard for me to do! I wrote pretty much nonstop until I hit about 25. Then I just sat there and looked at the page. That happened a lot as I made my way to 100 (and 1). The interesting thing is, I spend A LOT of time on things that don’t move me towards the things I want. There are also a lot of things that I want which I can have pretty much RIGHT NOW with discipline. For example:

• Be in top physical condition
  • Run everyday
  • Compete regularly (BJJ/Push Hands)
  • Read everyday
  • Run ultramarathons
  • Study (more) Daoism
  • Master Chinese Language
  • Learn Japanese/Spanish/Portuguese
  • Help people establish an online presence
  • Practice Taichi everyday
  • Keep the rest of my teeth (I got a tooth pulled last week… lol 😀 )
  • Meditate Twice a day (got one in earlier)

So You Have This List. Now What?

Good question. I just finished the list a couple days ago, but the plan is to schedule everything I do around crossing off items on the list. 100+ things (the list grew while writing this post) are a lot of things to try to focus on, so I’m going to focus the few that I think are the most important (like make $10,000/month 🙂 ). Also, based on the wants I listed and [last week’s poll], I should focus on the martial arts stuff. Martial arts came up again and again in my list (practice Taichi, get my BJJ black belt, compete regularly, open a school, get 150 students, etc.)

Things To Get Done For Next Week

OK here are three things I’ll leave myself to have done by next week. We’ll see how well I do. I want to have the PwningLife blog ready to launch with 3 weeks worth of articles written (about 6). I want to have the Black Horse Taichi Blog ready to launch with 3 weeks worth of articles written. And I want to tell you I’ve ran every day (I’m training for a tournament on July 24th).

That’s it for now.

13 Responses to Back In Milwaukee – Back To Getting Organized

1. hey,im adrian and i been looking at your videos,and i want to thank you for the great laughs .but also i was wondering in what parts of martial arts are you taking.i am taking taekwondo i just started not to long ago.and i just want to tell you im one of ur big fans out there if you could please please email me.my email is atrakcc@aol.com

Hey Adrian,

I mainly practice Taichi Push Hands and Brazilian Jujitsu. If you have any questions about those martial arts, I’ll have the blog up for it soon. 🙂 Thanks for the comment!

2. Michael Hong says:

hey! I’m michael hong and i have been watching your vids and I want to thank you for the great laughs.

I am from Taiwan now and I know u have been here before (There is a Taiwan fruit box beside your TV in The Death of My Xbox 360 this vid). Here is the thing, My friend brought a xbox from America, and I already have one which is local. I am wondering whether my Taiwan xbox live account will be banned if I log that in America xbox360. Do u know whether i will be banned if i did that?

Best regards,
    Michael Hong

I’m pretty sure your account won’t be banned. The only problem I ran into is that once you make an account you can’t change the location. So (for example) I wasn’t able to use my Taiwanese Xbox account with the US servers. I had to make another account for that. You should be fine. Glad you like my videos. Thanks! 🙂

3. Will says:

Glad your back in the Brew City, tried to contact ya while I was up there but you were ghost. We went out for Lay’s & mine bachelor party. You missed out. Its good to see you getting back into MA tourneys again.

Oh yeah! That ended up being a really busy weekend. A friend got married and had something going on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Yeah, I’m going to keep my eyes out for MA tourneys to sign up for. Ran every day this past week too. 🙂

4. hey man, how’d you been?! i hope good. well i recently saw your videos on your channel, and i have to say, that are unique with that shit xD i love the video which your Xbox 360 died haha, i saw the video which you said you were boycotting the Microsoft Xbox 360. and i’m not sure in which video you talked about selling Xbox 360, and i was wondering if you still doing that?! cuz’ i want to get one, so i was wondering if you can tell me more about that, please. i need a Xbox 360 (i’m a hardcore gamer) but i just have PS2 and PSP and obviously the computer, but this crap can’t even run TETRIS haha, sometimes i want to throw this crap out of my window, but anyways keep it up with the videos, you are just great at it. and please i need to know more the Xbox 360. aaarrriteee.

Peace.

I don’t have an Xbox 360 at the moment. I’m not sure when I’ll pick up a new one. For GoW3 maybe? 🙂 They’re only like $150 new now right? And you can always pick’em up used online or at a gamestop or something. Glad you’re liking the videos. PEACE!

5. yeah, they’re very cheap right now!! cuz’ i was searching on gamestop webpage and there is a like a bundle which brings two controllers, a Refurbished Xbox 360 Pro, 20Gb HDD, the headset, the ethernet cable, AV cable component, one year of warranty and a silver membership (which i know, you can’t do nothing with the silver one) and the price it’s amazing, all the bundle just for $179.99.

6. Penney Morse says:

Post more good stuff, like the TED talks.

7. Penney Morse says:

I’ll be checking in:)

8. Greg Harley says:

Hey Casey,

Good to see you back, we missed you at summer camp. I showed Master Wang your video about starting to teach Mandarin and he made me show it to the whole class (only 10 of us this year). Good thing you pronounced pin yin correctly at the end or he would have give you some grief 😉

PPPPPPP,
    Greg

Nice! I’ll give him a call this week. I’ve been meaning to do that now that I’m all settled down back in Milwaukee. I just finished recording the second lesson (part 3 in the series, I’ll upload it tomorrow). I’m also working on the Black Horse Taichi site. 🙂