I Hate Writing Resumes

I’ve never liked writing resumes. It always feels like I have to do a lot of BSing, something that I like to do when it comes to playing Tekken or doing BJJ, but something I hate to do with business. Well… It just so happens that I may never write a resume again in my life! (yay) I’ve been reading this book “The 4-Hour Workweek” and it has this section in it about out sourcing. So… What I’ve done is [posted a project] on the website Elance. What should happen is after a week or so, I will have accepted a bid. Then a few days after that I should have my resume and cover letter (maybe even a couple different versions.)

It Gets Better

Well, the book doesn’t just stop at single projects. It also goes on to describe something called Virtual Assistants. Basically you can hire your own assistant (or team of) to complete any kind of repeated task that you can come up with. Why stop with resume writing when I can go so far as to have a team of assistants contact employers and setup interviews, using the resume and cover letter I didn’t write. 😀 lol

Should be AWESOME!

Oh, this does cost money, but I’m betting the time saved and speed that things get done will pay it back. All this is a test run of doing projects and using VAs that should have a bigger payday in the future if I figure everything out correctly. Besides, it’s fun!

A Break from (Almost Daily) Blogging

My blog has been getting a little neglected since I’ve been back. It’s basically because I’ve been tied up with seeing friends, seeing family, registering for school, traveling a bit and all that kind of stuff. I actually miss the more frequent blogging and have some pictures and movies to post and stories to tell. I should be back on the horse in about 1.5 weeks time.

12 Responses to I Hate Writing Resumes

1. MTK's Latina says:

hey baby….
    well i am glad to have finally heard from you… and yes i do agree writing resumes suck butts… but i am sure that your “plan” will come along just fine… glad to know you are keeping busy…

2. JUSTIN says:

DUDE YOU’RE FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!!!! I’M GETTING MY 360 SOON SO PRAY SOME SHIT LIKE YOURS DON’T HAPPEN!!!!!! YOU GOTTA MYSPACE???? I NEED TO GET THAT SHIT SO YEAH!!!!!

I never thought writing a resume was THAT bad. All you need to do is write one good resume and just tweak it for all your other jobs.

4. Magda says:

How much does it cost?

5. James Lick says:

Maybe you could outsource the writing of your blog. Then when you find a good job you can outsource someone to do your job for you. Then you can just sit at home drinking beer and playing xbox.

Can you outsource your life, too?

7. Magda says:

“miltownmom
    July 16th, 2007 at 6:39 am

Can you outsource your life, too?”

Ha ha ha 😀 Now that’s FUNNY!!!! If there’s a way Mr. P will find it … I’m gonna chuckle about that one for a couple of days 😉

See! Jlick is like 5 steps ahead of me. 😀 I think that’s one of the headlines in the book. “Outsourcing Your Life” or something like that. Some guy has his VA apologize to his wife for him and the VA sends an e-card (that he didn’t even think to send.)

Oh and I would happen to get an email back about a job I applied to about 4 weeks ago AFTER starting all this up.

Job. That sounds good:)

11. Ian DIZAWG says:

You left ur cell phone charger at my house man.
    U need to put up that pic u took too.

12. Pyro says:

This has nothing to do with anything, but I just wanted to let you know that I got my 360. My gamertag is behindu86. Send me a friend request, will ya? 😛

See ya on Gears.